This course aims to increase your knowledge and skills of the basic operational principles, equipment, maintenance and troubleshooting process. The training meets, the standards defined in STCW MANILA amendments 2010
Who Should Attend this workshop: This course is suitable for those working as Marine Engineers at all levels.
After completing this training, participants will be able to understand:
- Refrigeration Cycle
- Mollier Diagram analytical description
- Compressors, Condensers, Evaporators, Expansion Valves, Aux. Equipment, analytical description and functions
- Refrigeration Liquids and lubricants
- Temperature and Pressure relationships
- Refrigeration chambers
- System Malfunctions
- Types of air conditioning systems on ships
- Workshop practice for starting up, operation, monitoring parameters, Normal Shut Off.
- Procedures of feeding and recovery refrigerant liquid.
Instructor: Dimitris Koutsouras
The total maritime service at the Hellenic Navy in various seagoing positions with the specialty of the Engineer’s Officer is 10 years and 4 months of which
- 3 years as a Chief Engineer (2 years on fast vessels with 4 diesel engines 3000 HP each and 1 year in a Destroyer with 4 steam boilers 600 psi each and two steam turbines totaling 60,000 HP)
- 3 years as Director on a Destroyer’s Electronic Systems
- 1 year as Second Engineer in a Fleet Tanker with diesel-electric propulsion and
- 3 years and 4 months as Assistant of the Second Engineer in a Destroyer.
- Then assigned as Assistant manager at NATO Base in Crete to measure the accuracy of all electronic equipment onboard NATO ships (Radar, Gyro, ESM, Fire Control System etc. and Section Leader in Electrical and Electronics Department in Souda Naval Base.
- Liaison Officer in the Naval Systems Command USA Washington DC in order to support Hellenic Navy the appropriate spare parts for several naval systems.
- Section Leader in Electrical and Electronics Department in the Hellenic Navy General Staff (Holargos Athens)
- Director in the Hellenic Navy Armament Directorate for implementation of contracts signed with Elefsis and Skaramanga Shipyards for constructing New Boats:
- One (1) Fleet Oiler
- Four (4) Gunboats and
- Deliver the midlife modernisation of Four (4) Frigate
- Education and Training: MSc in Electrical Engineering (Naval Postgraduate school Monterey California), BSc Greek Naval Academy and general education in Naval Systems Greek Naval Academy.
- Speak English fluently and very good experience in computers.
- Retired from the Navy with the rank of Rear Admiral (Ret).
WE OFFER FLEXIBILITY ON COURSES SCHEDULE AND WE CAN ACCOMMODATE YOUR NEEDS
For additional information, please contact us directly at:
Tel. 210 9530680 Ext. 201 & 205
Email: email@example.com | Web: www.kclgroup.gr
Technical courses are offered as required by TMSA 3 elements 2,4,7,10,14