QMS MTC MISSION
To design and deliver accredited statutory maritime training and management education programs tailored to client needs, supported by state-of-the-art comprehensive teaching materials, facilities and recognized by international organizations and Authorities.
Leveraging on more than a decade of experience as being positioned within a vibrant international maritime community, QMS MTC has earned itself a global reputation as a Center of Excellence in maritime training and education for the marine commercial, cruise/yachting and management sector, offering the highest training standards, worldclass classroom and marine simulator laboratory facilities, and a comprehensive range of courses for both ship and shore-based personnel.
In the QMS MTC curriculum, courses share a uniform structure based on IMO specifications and educational management philosophy, while current trends and new market requirements always dictate a dynamic content. With well over 17,000 trainees since its establishment, and two branch offices in Chios and Crete islands, QMS MTC offers over 50 different courses and programs to cover all levels of knowledge and ability, for seagoing and retired mariners, shipping company shore staff and senior executives for further professional development, through classroom, in house, on location and on-board fleet programs, under the following course categories:
- Deck/Engine Operational
- Safety, Security, Quality, Health & Environmental Management (SSQHE)
- Executive Management/Soft Skills
- Assesment/Test Center
QMS MTC enjoys recognition from the following EU Flag State Administrations:
- Cyprus Maritime Administration and Malta Maritime Authority
- Liberia Ship Registry and the Republic of Marshall Islands
- Certified against the international DNV Standard for Maritime Training Centers
- ECDIS Type Specific Training Partner for Japan Radio Co. (JRC) and Kelvin Hughes manufacturers
- The only approved Test Center in Greece to conduct Maritime English language examinations by Marlins and ISF
- One of four finalist nominees for the Lloyd’s List International Awards for Excellence in the Provision of Maritime Training and Education
All QMS MTC courses combine a variety of training means and methods, such as lecturing, case study analysis, discussion and small group work, selfdevelopment exercises, video/computer optical presentations, mock role play scenarios and practical simulation instruction. Course delivery is made in both Greek and English languages. Whether using the Center’s integrated simulation workrooms or visiting the practical exercise sites, QMS MTC students are exposed to the best education and training available.
In an ongoing effort to synergize and expand spectrum of services offered, MS
MTC holds strategic collaborations with:
- Chios and Crete Islands, to provide local training facilities and courses needed by the Greek seafarer closer to home. Chios Maritime Center, a subsidiary branch of QMS MTC was launched in 2011 to offer Chian seafarers an opportunity to enroll in training programs without compromising on quality education
- RINA Hellas Classification Society, for passenger ships and yacht crew training in hotel management skills, HACCP, technical courses
- University of Nicosia (Cyprus) and RINA Hellas, to deliver Cruise Ship Hotel Operations Management program of study
- Azzure Yacht Training Academy, to provide professional yachting (marine and hotel) courses
- IEK IVEPE Thessaloniki, for marine engineering courses for seafarers to obtain basic technological skills (automation, refrigeration, mechanical, electrical, etc)
- FIT Food Inspection and Training, an on board vetting and training company to implement HACCP and MLC 2006 (3.2) requirements for healthy and hygienic food preparation and handling
These key affiliations confirm that QMS MTC stays on course to achieve its vision in a dynamic international environment dictated by ever developing market needs.