KCL Group / QMS MTC, has the pleasure to announce that is offering the following new specialized technical courses that focus on the growing demands of engineering services in shipping.
Our objective is to educate engineering officers in the most important areas of their profession, on the principles, the specific equipment, the safety operating procedures and the troubleshooting techniques with theory and extensive practices in appropriate workshops, where hands-on practices will be exercised.
The list of these courses have been selected, after market research and we believe that are of the most important areas where Engineers have to better trained: .
- AUTOMATION SYSTEMS ON SHIPS : 4Days / 28Hrs theory and practice at QMS premises and practice in Controls, Automation and troubleshooting at a at a repair workshop for ships’ automation equipment.
- REFRIGERATION – AIR CONDITIONING ON SHIPS: 3 Days / 21 Hrs theory and practice, at QMS premises and practice and troubleshooting with workshop
- ELECTRO-HYDRAULIC AND PNEUMATIC SYSTEMS ON SHIPS: 4Days / 30 Hrs theory and practice at QMS premises and practice and troubleshooting at a repair workshop for ships’ hydraulic-pneumatic equipment.
- HIGH VOLTAGE – STCW TRAINING FOR ONBOARD INSTALLATIONS: 5 Days / 30 Hrs
(20 hrs. theory + 7 hrs. workshop + 3 hrs. simulator practice)
- SAFE WORKING ON HIGH AND LOW VOLTAGE INSTALLATIONS ON SHIPS: 3 Days / 22 Hrs theory and practice at QMS premises and practice and troubleshooting at a workshop for ships’ high voltage.
- WORKING WITH LATHE MACHINE: 4 Days / 24Hrs theory and practice at QMS premises and hands-on practice at a workshop with lathe equipment.
- ELECTRODE MELTING WELDING: 4 Days / 28 Hrs theory and practice at QMS premises and hands-on practice at a workshop with welding equipment.
- ELECTRONIC M.E 4 Days / 24 Hrs – Introduction to new Engines & components, description of units’ operating procedures, maintenance with the use of 3D simulator
- BUNKERING CALCULATIONS: 2 D / 12 Hrs – guidance on safe & accurate delivery of fuel diesel oil with real examples & calculations of daily consumptions, based on SMS Ops.
- MARINE ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS: 2 Days / 16 hrs theory + 2 hrs workshop, to educate & stimulate officers to contribute to pollution prevention & implement measures.
- HANDLING MEDICAL INCIDENTS ONBOARD: 2 Days / 15 hrs theory + 5 hrs practical workshop. It focuses on practical knowledge & quick response.
- Computer Courses 10Days / 60Hrsfor Shore and Sea Personnel (Deck- Engine) w. Life Time Certification from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Refresh Computer Courses 5Days / 30Hrsfor Shore and Sea Personnel (Deck- Engine.
- Psychometric Tests by Filistos Psychosocial Testing & Consulting (Testing Under Control Conditions)
Above courses, are regularly conducted through our monthly training program send to the market.